Monday, August 10, 2009

Romantic flicks!!!

hey.. it has been quite a while since my last post. But trust me I have been trying hard to pen down my thoughts. It is not as easy as it seems to be. First of, you need to get the right words at the right time and fore most you should have your mood set to jot down. And for a person like me, it is indeed a difficult task. Anyways, I realise that all my posts start with cribs. So no more of it..

Ok, before I start off one sincere request. Through this post I am just voicing my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone.

I have been watching a lot of movies these days. Thanks to my delay in joining, I am very much jobless and so I thought why not watch all possible movies.. Since I claim to be a movie buff!!! On an average I have been watching 2 to 3 movies, 2 being minimum (well sometimes 1.5 as well!!). All genres except spooky ones as they still drive me nuts..

These include ROMANTIC ones as well. After watching a couple of them, I wonder how people like such movies. I mean I don't say that they aren't worth watching or anything of that sort. But how can people fall in love with them. They have the same crap, the girl is studying in her high school meets the guy. Initially they can't stand eacother but things work out eventually and they fall in love. Yea, thankfully their parents do not interfere in their affair and we must be grateful to hollywood for that!!
I have many of my friends who go GAGA over romantic movies. There is this friend of mine who specially texted me saying that keith(2008) was a super duper awesome movie and I should not be missing it. I thought it ws indeed worth a watch but to my dismay I found it too boring, too bland that being more appropriate!! There are many more such movies which have been claimed to be really good but I won't rate them so. There was this other friend of mine who, it seems, still weeps after watching P.S. I Love You. It was a good movie but not the rona-dhona kinds.. And twilight, that too was quite a romantic movie though thanks to the vampire thingy it wasn't all that dull.
Well, according to me, a blend of romance + comedy does wonders. Take for example, this movie called Chasing Liberty(2004). I simply adored this movie. It was a combo of comic, adventure and romance and there was Serendipity which was also quite a nice one..
Well as far as my personal liking is concerned, I mostly prefer comic flicks. I think they are light hearted, don't make you think much and take you on a ride away from your worries..

Once again no offense please. I just put forth my opinion and you are always welcome to comment on this. Despite this crib, I reckon that I will still continue to watch these romantic flicks, being a die hard movie buff (novice) !! With this, I sign off for now..Take care.Adios..




0 comments: